The Warwick police department has the primary patrol and investigative responsibility for the Town and the Village of Warwick and their residents. Our patrol force maintains 24/7/365 presence within the service area to ensure the safety of our residents. The Warwick police department also performs many public safety programs like Stop DWI and Buckle UP New York to ensure that motorist travel safely.
Besides patrol, the department provides emergency communications dispatch for the police, as well as for fire and ambulance services from the station in Town Hall.
In addition to dialing 911, citizens may call the station directly at 986-5000 for any emergency in the Town.
Information for Police Officer Candidates
This process is overseen by Orange County Human Resources and NYS Civil Service Law.
- Police officer candidates must pass a written exam with a minimum score.
- Upon successfully passing the exam, Police officer candidates must pass a physical agility test.
- Both the written exam and the physical agility occur at the County level and before a civil service list is established.
- Interested persons should monitor the Orange County website for upcoming exam announcements.
- To help candidates prepare for the exam, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office has produced a video which demonstrates the different phases of the test.
Town of Warwick Police Department is located in the rear of the Warwick Town Hall building.
In addition to dialing 911, citizens may call the station directly for any emergency in the Town.