The Seal of the Town of Warwick was designed by Patrick F. Egan and officially adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Warwick on October 18, 1971.
The Town of Warwick was incorporated in 1789 and currently is the largest Town in Orange County.
The Seal of the Town of Warwick is symbolic of the history of the Town. The Peace Pipe running perpendicular is symbolic of the peaceful relations between the early settlers and the Lenni Lanape tribe. The chain, running horizontally, is symbolic of the chain that was stretched across the Hudson River near West Point during the Revolutionary War. Parts of the chain were forged within the Town of Warwick.
The patent in the upper left-hand quadrant is symbolic of the patent signed by Queen Anne of England approving the purchase of land from the Indians by the early settlers. The cow’s head in the upper right quadrant is symbolic of the dairy industry that was the largest industry in the formative years of the Town of Warwick. The onion in the lower right-hand quadrant is symbolic of the black dirt region of the Town of Warwick. The sailboat in the lower left-hand quadrant is symbolic of the Greenwood Lake area of the Town of Warwick, an area known by the Indians as “Long Pond”.
The Town of Warwick has three incorporated Villages within its boundary. The Village of Florida, incorporated in 1948; the Village of Greenwood Lake, incorporated in 1924; and the Village of Warwick, incorporated in 1868.