The Warwick Valley Humane Society, Inc. (WVHS) is a not for profit corporation of the State of New York. Founded in 1954, WVHS has operated the Warwick Animal Shelter since 1968. The Shelter is located at 48 Public Works Drive.
The Warwick Valley Humane Society provides animal control services for the Town of Warwick. The Animal Control Officer will impound, at the animal shelter, any dog found running at large. To retrieve an impounded dog, the Town of Warwick has established the following fee schedule:
There are additional fees for each day the dog remains at the shelter. All dogs must have a current rabies inoculation and NY State dog license prior to leaving the facility. Dog licenses can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s office and must be renewed yearly.
Warwick Town Ordinances
These ordinances apply in the Town of Warwick and the Villages of Florida, Greenwood Lake, and Warwick.
- Running at Large: Dogs unrestrained off own property
- Disturbance of the Peace: Habitual howling or barking
- Damage/destruction of Property (other than owner): Not limited to and including urinating and defecating upon the premises of others
- Chase/Harass: Cause intimidation of reasonable apprehension of bodily harm or injury
- Habitually chase, run along side, or bark at motor vehicles or bicycles
- Non-removal of feces off public or private property other than owner